Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gloomy Games

Recently my home town has been rather gloomy, but as the day goes on, the weather evolves. This reminds me of how much I have changed this year, trying to find out who I really am, as I make my way as a chameleon. At times I go back into my little turtle shell, sheltering myself from who I truly am. One of my most greatest difficulties it to try to be who I am, but how can I if at times I am left at a stranded road wondering? As the sun fluctuates, and peeks through the clouds for a moment, it reminds me to smile, and to remember it doesn't matter who you are at the moment, it matters about the journey.
Picture credits-My Friend Sarah
Shoes-Sperry Jacket-up-cycled by me
Late Easter night, a spark flew in my mind, and I created the jacket I am wearing in these photos. I cut the sleeves off of an old sweater I got for $5 in seventh grade, and sewed them on to an old jean vest. I really liked the way it turned out, and how the oink (haha I was meaning to say pink) thread contrasts the black and white pattern, matched with the cobalt blue denim. I think I will do another diy like this soon. I have been up-cycling a lot of clothes of mine, most particularly because I need new ones (most are from seventh grade and my style has changed a lot since then).

If you have an instagram, please follow pineapple__photography (with two underscores in the middle). My friend Sarah and I started it today. It also has links to my two other accounts! 

Thank you so much, and please follow!









2 comments:

  1. I love the DIY, you did a really cool up-cycle on the jacket. I like your photography, account, you guys should make a Flickr. If you guys are ever in Boston for some reason I'd love to take photos with you :)

    flickr.com/photos/siennakwami
    siennakwami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of rosy--heart.blogspot blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete